#1 LindaMari

LindaMari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

My prestashop is very slow, 

im waiting to load my website about 5 seconds, it's so long and my customers don't like it :(

is there any way to speed it up a little? for example to 1 second?

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

for the first, check:

adv. parameters > performance tab in your back office

check if:

- force compilation is turned OFF

- cache is turned ON

free tutorials, free templates, free addons, prestashop modules MndfRK4.png  lpHMrZ5.png  gtKHYO7.png  google-48.png

#3 hrbj

hrbj

• Administrators
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

do you use APC ? in some cases it is worth to use it, it can increase speed of website very very good

#4 LindaMari

LindaMari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

for the first, check:

adv. parameters > performance tab in your back office

check if:

- force compilation is turned OFF

- cache is turned ON

thank you vekia i checked these options in my back office and i changed them as you suggested now my shop is a bit faster

i want to increase speed a bit more :)

this is why i have to ask about:

do you use APC ? in some cases it is worth to use it, it can increase speed of website very very good

i totally don't know what is APC, can you be so kind and write something more about it, please?

#5 Tom Evans

Tom Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

What type of hosting are you using; shared ? dedicated? As per vekia's suggestion you have done force compile and cache on. Have you installed something or done any change in settings?

#6 LindaMari

LindaMari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

im on shared hosting on hostgator

i turned cache on, and turned of force compile, my shop is a bit faster now but i think that it's not enough.

i can share url on pm.

#7 hrbj

hrbj

• Administrators
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

as far as i know hostgator doesn't offer APC but i might be wrong

someone uses hostgator?

#8 Tom Evans

Tom Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Okay, Let's started with some tips - Step by step process:

1. SEO & URLs: It does help when caching the pages. Compared to using page names with lots variables which are hard to cache, it is better to cache .html or .htm pages
This can be done directly from section Preferences / SEO & URLs .

2. Smarty cache: Now start with the exact settings for properly caching the pages. First go to Advanced Parameters / Performance.  check the following options:

•     Never recompile template files
  •     Check Cache
  •     Do not open console

3.  CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache): As it was before deactivated, we only need to check:

• Use CCC for CSS
  • Use CCC for JavaScript.
  • Keep HTML as original
  • Keep inline JavaScript in HTML as original
  • Check Apache optimization

4. Ciphering: usually leave it as by default.

5. Caching: If possible, try using memcached, APC or Xcache, if your hosting service does not offers this, you can use the normal File System cache. The next is the CDN option, you can also use a CDN for speeding up and caching even more.

6. Implementing browser static cached file for prestashop: Its a fancy name, but its really just some .htaccess rules with some expire and caching headers.  See the code:

1<ifmodule mod_mime.c>
2 <filesmatch ".html.gz$">
3   ForceType text/html
4   FileETag None
5 </filesmatch>
6  AddEncoding gzip .gz
7  AddType text/html .gz
8</ifmodule>
9<ifmodule mod_deflate.c>
10  SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI .gz$ no-gzip
11</ifmodule>
12<ifmodule mod_headers.c>
13  Header set Vary "Accept-Encoding, Cookie"
14  Header set Cache-Control 'max-age=3600, must-revalidate'
15</ifmodule>
16<ifmodule mod_expires.c>
17  ExpiresActive On
18  ExpiresByType text/html A3600
19</ifmodule>

Open the .htaccess file inside your document root of your website and add the above lines just under your existing .htaccess rules.
With this you set a timeout of 3600 seconds on each resource request from your website, on next request of the same page, the user will use the pages from their browser cache and he will also be happy that the page is loading faster.

#9 Guest_AlbertGef_*

Guest_AlbertGef_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Знакомства мамба
Вообщем, если индивидуальность вам понравится, дальше разрешено пересекаться либо переписываться, понимая Мамба приятеля в личико.

#10 mariajohns

mariajohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

By checking all the changes check your website's speed here: https://developers.g...speed/insights/

#11 el patron

el patron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

My prestashop is very slow, 

im waiting to load my website about 5 seconds, it's so long and my customers don't like it :(

is there any way to speed it up a little? for example to 1 second?

What is your exact PrestaShop version.

in 1.6-1.6.0.6 native PrestaShop forces all javascript to bottom (significant improvement of above the fold page render)

in 1.6.0.7 and higher, this is option bo-->advanced parms-->performance (move javascript to bottom)

for all 1.5 shops that want to make above the fold super fast and 1.6.0.7 and higher that cannot run native PrestaShop 'all' JavaScript bottom

Module JavaPro: 5 star rated never once fix required, I test so you don't have to!

http://www.etiendas....me-javapro.html

#12 apachebooster

apachebooster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hi,

One of the easiest and the reliable method to enhance the prestashop performance would be to install "Apachebooster".

Its an integration of varnish and nginx and thus caches the dynamic contents as well and make the website much faster for the end customers.

Please read more about the plugin at : Download Apachebooster

#13 alexnguyen

alexnguyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:13 AM

Hi there,

In your case, you might face with an old version of Prestashop, so upgrade your Prestashop could be a good solution. If you are using Prestashop version 1.3, you can upgrade Prestashop from 1.3 to 1.6 or upgrade Prestashop from 1.4 to 1.6 if your Prestashop is version 1.4 and upgrade Prestashop from 1.5 to 1.6 if your current prestashop is version 1.5. Hopefully you will solve your trouble as soon as possible! 

Good luck!

Shopping cart migration tool