Prestashop Cloud is an alternative solution for hosting website with Prestashop users. Cloud hosting is a network of servers that allow websites to be hosted on multiple servers.
After its launch in January 2015, Prestashop Cloud is an exciting move and becomes a new choice for e-merchants beside self-hosted Prestashop. While self-hosted Prestashop allows you to download and install on your website, it is easy and quick to create Prestashop Cloud store with an email address.
Should or not should use Prestashop Cloud is still a hot debate topic for businesses. If you have plan to use Prestashop Cloud instead of self-hosted Prestashop, you should read the article that shows overview about Prestashop Cloud.
- It is easy to create an account on Prestashop Cloud and host shopping cart free.
- Do not need to install software. You can start to sell products on Prestashop servers in no time.
- You can add a custom domain name at any time.
- Speed hosting is high.
- Developer can choose any of the hundreds of themes and modules on Prestashop Addons
- Registering Prestashop Cloud account free, but you need to purchase built-in modulesfrom Addons to add more features and extend functionality of website.
- It only supports to use modules and themes on Prestashop Addons. You can’t use new themes from other sources. Different modules and themes are warned that they are unsafe and incompatible to Prestashop Cloud, so which are not allowed on the platform.
- It is limited to customize the default template. Storeowners can only change some of the default theme’s setting including color, font and lay-out; adjust logo, website icons of standard theme.
- You don’t have full control on management of your store. After logging in to your account, you can see dashboard to manage on your PrestaShop Cloud back-office. However, it is the fact that you only change products and services by store editor. The store is yours, but Prestashop has the highest power on managing your site.
- It does not allow you to access to database and change SQL database.
- Prestashop do not give members permission to get their hands in the code. If storeowner want to expand scale of store, they can’t export the code, which means that developers have to rebuild the website.
- SSL security is currently impossible.
People recognize that Prestashop Cloud is only suitable for small business to start an online store quickly with a little technical knowledge. It solves the problem about budget in the first period. However, when the number of products increases, Prestashop Cloud is not a good choice, you must build your website again from the beginning. Experts recommend you to choose self-hosted Prestashop to be independent in editing and managing your website, especially with stores carrying frequently changing product. Storeowners have full control on source code. Developers can customize e-commerce store according to their necessary.
If you want to migrate your shopping cart to Prestashop site now, migration tool of LitExtension supports you to implement hosting for new Prestashop.
Follow website to update Prestashop migration tool and Prestashop hosting.