- Cart Help Forums
- → Viewing Profile: Topics: Mrs Sarah
Mrs SarahMember Since 05 Jan 2018
Offline Last Active Feb 13 2018 03:46 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 22
- Profile Views 274
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Mrs Sarah hasn't added any friends yet.
No latest visitors to show
Topics I've Started
12 February 2018 - 08:13 AM
06 February 2018 - 05:10 AM
Magento is a corportate – level eCommerce platform tailored to web development professionals and large online store. Since the final version of Magento 2.2 was launched on September 26, 2017, a lot of users are curious to switch from their current versions to Magento 2.2.
Magento 2.2 provides a bunch of enhanced feature such as nice design, easy to customize as well as amazing functionality improvements.
Like many others, you believe that upgrading to Magento 2 will bring your store to a new level. Good for you! But where is the easiest and most effective way?
Do not skip the article below!1. What’s new feature in Magento 2.2?
A lot of waiting, the new version of Magento – Magento 2.2, fulfills our expectations with great changes in features as well as speed.
In this article, Carmigration will share with you the most outstanding features of Magento 2.2 Enterprise Edition (EE) and Magento 2.2 Community Edition (CE)
Below is a quick summary:
Magento 2.2 EE Features
- New B2B feature set;
- Enhanced Reporting;
- Better Fraud Protection
- Improved Security
- Enhanced Developer Experience;
- Mass Upgraded Technology Stack
- New Deployment Process
- Better Performance: Improved Indexing, Cart, and Cache operations.
Magento 2.2 CE Features:
- Improved Security
- Enhanced Developer Experience;
- Mass Upgraded Technology Stack
- New Deployment Process;
- Better Performance: Improved Indexing, Cart, and Cache operations
After that, you are looking for the easiest way how to upgrade to Magento 2.2 version?
Go on to the next heads!2. Data can be migrated during the Magento 2.2 upgrade
During the upgrade, the migration of data from the older version to a new one is extremely important.
This is a complex and difficult process that no one can do exactly by hand. Typically, most of Magento users often use a Migration tool to convert data automatically.
Below is a list of the data can be converted during the upgrade:
WHAT DATA CAN POSSIBLY BE MIGRATED
- SKU, Name, Description, Qty, Stock Status, Model, Weight …
- Base Image, Additional Images
- Base Price, Special Price
- Assign to Product Categories
- Options (Size; Weight, Color …)
- Extra Fields ( Checkboxes, Dropdownlist, Radiobuttons)
- Variants: can be grouped with related variants together to form a product
- Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords
- Name, Description, Base Image, Additional Images
- ID, Username, First Name, Last Name, Email, DOB, Address …
- Customer Password (*)
- ID, Order products, Product price, Qty, Date, Status, Discount price …
SEO URLs (*)
- Migrate Products and Categories SEO URLs
- Migrate 301 SEO URLs of categories and products
CUSTOM FIELDS (*)
- Custom fields of Products, Categories, Customers and Orders
- Customers Name, Rating, Review, Status …
- Tax rules, Tax rates, Product tax classes …
MULTI-LANGUAGES3. How to perform the Magento 2.2 upgrade?
Maybe you know a lot of ways to complete your Magento 2.2 update, but as below, using migration tool for this task is the easiest and most efficient method. This tool allows you not only to transfer your eCommerce data to Magento 2.2 store automatedly, but also to upgrade your current store successfully with no programming skills!
Now, let’s get started!Step 1: Download Magento Migration tool
It’s very easy to find which tool is suitable, but this is Top 3 Best Magento migration tools I especially recommend for you. Check it now before it’s gone!
In this step, you should make sure you have a recent and clean backup. Besides, don’ forget to check the versions release notes to see what changes have been made.Step 3: Perform full the Magento 2.2 upgrade
There is a lot of information that you must complete in this step which are source and target store information, language mapping, order status mapping, entities to migrate and other additional options.
Then, click “Start migration” button to launch of full the Magento 2.2. upgrade.Step 4: Enjoy your new Magento store
05 February 2018 - 10:13 AM
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from AbanteCart to Woocommerce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.1. Preparation
For AbanteCart Store:
- Please ensure you have the right permission to upload files into your AbanteCart Store.
- It must not block access from Woocommerce Store to the connector.
- AbanteCart Store can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process.
For Woocommerce Store:
- Woocommerce Store should be placed in a stable hosting or in localhost.
- PHP Curl must be enabled.
- PHP Fopen (allow_url_fopen) must be On.
- It also must not block connection to AbanteCart Store.
- Webserver (mostly apache) should have full permission to write on /wp-content/uploads/ folder.
- It is strongly recommended to backup Woocommerce Store first.
2.1. Download Migration Tool
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The Plugin consists of two main parts: Woocommerce Data Migration Plugin (“lecartmigration” folder) and AbanteCart Connector (“woocommerce_connector” folder)
2.2. Woocommerce Data Migration Plugin Setup
Woocommerce Data Migration Plugin is a Woocommerce Plugin which acts like a hub at Woocommerce side to receive data and import it into Woocommerce database. It can be installed just like all other Woocommerce Plugins:
- Using your FTP software, upload the folder “lecartmigration” to your /wp-content/plugins
- Log in to your WordPress Admin panel.
- Go to : Plugins
- Find plugin “Cart Migration”
- Click “Activate”
2.3 Install Connector for CubeCart
Extract “woocommerce_connector” into AbanteCart root folder. After finished please make sure Connector can be reached at: http(s)://yourstore.com/woocommerce_connector/connector.php
You will get a message “Connector Installed” once it is installed properly. If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission. For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your CubeCart store.
3. Migration Plugins Setup
Migration Plugins are purchased and setup separately. They will provide additional functionalities to the tool. Normally plugins need to be customized and tweaked by LitExtension Team to fit customers requirements and will be sent to customers later on. There are a few types of plugin:
- Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin: helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in WooCommerce Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
- Custom Fields Plugin: help migrate custom fields from AbanteCart Store to WooCommerce Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into WooCommerce Store.
- Customer Password Plugin: special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by AbanteCart Store to WooCommerce. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords. To install, please Click Here or have a look at the read_me.txt in the Customer Password Plugin package
To install plugins, just copy plugin files into the instructed folder inside your Woocommerce store. New functionalities will be enabled.4. Enter license key
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is required to activate your Migration Tool.
After purchasing the product, please login to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find download link and license key for the download package.
Login your Woocommerce Store backend, select Litextension > Settings, and copy and paste your license key here:
Please login your Woocommerce Target Store backend, select Litextension > Cart Migration. The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
5.1 CubeCart Configuration
Fulfill information in the setup table:
- Cart Type: Choose ‘AbanteCart’
- Cart URL: Your AbanteCart URL
- Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php
5.2 Migration Configuration
- Languages Mapping: Pick the language to be mapped into Woocommerce default language.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign AbanteCart order statuses to proper Woocommerce Store order statuses.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Migrate recent data: if you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current AbanteCart to Woocommerce, after that AbanteCart store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Woocommerce updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Woocommerce Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your AbanteCart or anywhere else for images.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove AbanteCart Connector. Information shows in this step:
- AbanteCart: AbanteCart base url you have entered in Step 1, this url will be registered with your license.
- Entity limit: the limit associated with your license. To change this value, you need to upgrade/purchase another license code.
- Tips slider: handly tips you should know
- Migration progress: show current progress
- Console: show debug information.
- After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Transient” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our AbanteCart to WooCommerce migration tool– optimized solution for your online business.
31 January 2018 - 03:21 AM
In recent years, Prestashop user number has upgrade trend which increase day-to-day, including users migrate from another cart. LitExtension in last times shared you many ways to migrate from current cart to Prestashop effectively and we are happy to receive positive feedbacks from customers. To response this appreciation, we introduce you all guys an optimal guidance for who want to import CSV files to Prestashop.
You can definitely export data from Source store to CSV file then import them to Prestashop manually, if you are expert and confident in your skills. Two steps for this way:
- Exporting database of Prestashop to CSV files.
- Select data in CSV files of source store and filling to CSV Prestashop.
Even though there are so many video tutorials or textual instructions, following this way is not easy. It is the popular for importing, but the ability to face to problems is pretty high, such as: confusing when migrating, lose data or copy data, etc. These errors can be resolved swiftly, or not. So this way is said to be risky and dangerous.
Litextension released the ultimate solution for this migration, called Prestashop migration services. Save time and budget when using it within steps below:
- Register at http://litextension.com/contacts/
- Send us your CSV files at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide target store FTP, backend URL, admin account
- Think to do interesting things in short migration time.
You can believe completely in our service which is tested and highly appreciated by lots of customers:
- Work with all CSV files structure, No need structured properly.
- No need technical knowledge.
- No data missing
- No data duplication
- Keep all tables relationship after importation
29 January 2018 - 10:53 AM
I have 3 websites which are made in PHP and I want to migrate them to Magento. But I'm not sure how this will affect my SEO-ranking. The URLs will be the same, I will rewrite them. Can anyone advise me something?