Photo

How to partition an endless feed? (for example reddit, twitter, facebook, youtube comments…)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Raymondello

Raymondello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 09:20 AM

My problem is that in an “endless” feed, there can be thousands upon thousands of elements. The client obviously shouldn’t (and doesn’t in apps like Twitter) download them all at once. Only small chunks get downloaded, like 30 elements, and then, IF the user scrolls far enough down, the next chunk loads.

How could I achieve this functionality in realm? It is also very important to keep in mind the steady growing of new elements that get added to the server, so just making like a partition-1 for the first 30 elements, partition-2, partition-3 and so one will not work (or does it?).

This is such a common theme I think there clearly has to be some kind of solution. I also haven’t really looked into flexible syncing, maybe that’s the solution? Excited to read your comments.

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 Snowbaby

Snowbaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 01:36 PM

I concur with this. It draws attention to individuals who are copying your channel's content verbatim, and your viewers will find out it's happening to you.

#3 Istokkala

Istokkala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 01:37 PM

To give the OS some fault tolerance, the OS is typically deployed on RAID 1 in enterprise situations. The boot speeds are quicker if the OS is installed on a single SSD, but fault tolerance suffers. Enterprises will frequently place a higher priority on fault tolerance than quick boot times, with the difference being measured in seconds rather than minutes. The performance of the OS on a single SSD is not worth sacrificing fault tolerance for. Make use of the YoYo Media volume for system data that requires fault tolerance. I would utilize the single SSD for anything that requires quick, effective caching in that situation.