Photo

American couple who moved to Uganda to 'foster children' face death for child torture

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sidssa

sidssa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 07:17 PM

Mr Spencer, then a congressional staffer, and his wife, a former healthcare consultant, quit their jobs in America to become foster parents and begin their “humanitarian work” in the East African nation.

Five years later, they would be making international headlines — not for their activism — but for their arrest on charges of aggravated torture and aggravated child trafficking. The couple, now being held at a Ugandan maximum security prison, stands accused of subjecting their 10-year-old foster child to cruel punishments with the excuse that he was “stubborn, hyperactive, and mentally unstable, according to the Uganda Police Force.

Ugandan prosecutors said the Spencers deprived the boy, who is reportedly HIV positive, of clothing, education, warm food and a bed. Authorities added that the foster parents, who first retained custody of the children in the town of Jinja before moving to the capital, kept the boy through “abuse of position of vulnerability for purposes of exploitation,”

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 MalfStape

MalfStape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 04:25 PM

I think this is a well-deserved punishment for their crime.

#3 JeffWinger

JeffWinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 04:26 PM

I honestly don't understand how people can be so cruel and insensitive. This especially hurt me because my wife and I also have two adopted children, and we love them very, very much. We adopted them through the service https://fosterplus.org a few years ago. One boy, one girl. I will never forget their happy eyes when they saw their new parents. The first days when they were at our house, we had a great time together. I can't imagine how children can be trafficked and tortured. Well, this is a living sweet little God being, not an object.