• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Raymondello

Raymondello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:49 PM

Good evening, before I start i'd like to address that I understand that this post won't unban my account, i've been appealing the ban- but I kind of want to understand more about the nature of the offense and why it's being considered so harshly. The appeals team doesn't really help you understand which is fair, but it's difficult and frustrating to really get any feedback, and when I get into the nature of the ban you may understand. Maybe i'll get more info on how to appeal better, or maybe i'll be able to accept my punishment.

So, I was banned for sexual harassment in Apex Legends, and the offense occurred while playing an Arena Mode match. These matches are 3v3 round-based matches where you fight for a two point lead. Any way, communication is locked to your team and your team only. It's a small detail, but it's important. 

For reference, my account user name is Unstable Blue. I have had this account since near launch, and have been a dedicated and loyal fan to the game ever since. I have never had any violations, of this kind, or any other kind in the entire history of my account. Many years gone by without any report of toxicity. Would this really matter, given that I believed I actually sexually harassed and threatened sexual violence on another player? No, I would understand that as a severe and extreme offense. However, i'll get into why I believe I did not sexually harass anyone.

This octane on the enemy team was really dominating me in the game, and we were close to losing. I was frustrated and felt bested and outplayed a few times.

The specific language I was cited for was, "i'm gonna r. this octane," in reference to an octane on the enemy team(see "this," as opposed to typical language of directly addressing someone with "you"), who again, is locked out of seeing my chat logs - and while yes, this is wildly inappropriate, and I don't stand by it, nor would I use this language going forward, but I was using immature gamer banter that I would argue isn't entirely uncommon, despite it not being appropriate. I want to be clear that I don't support what I said, nor would I support using it, or for other people. However, I want to be clear also that no harassment of any individual occurred, nor was it necessarily possible to occur given the nature of chat in the game of Apex Legends. 

Regardless of whether you agree or not, I was banned permanently from the game following this offense and cited as such because of "Harassment – Illegal (Sexual or Violent)." Though I agree that the language was inappropriate and vulgar, and would accept a week long suspension or any other kind of reprimand, I simply don't believe I deserve to be permanently banned from the game, especially since I wasn't, nor was my intention to ever sexually harass or threaten anyone with any kind of violence. 

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any advice.

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 nissanlover

nissanlover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 05:38 PM

Thaks for the information.

#3 nosralvdom

nosralvdom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 05:40 PM

If you didn't write anything inappropriate that could make anyone upset, I'm sorry they banned your account. Since online sextortion is very popular in our days and people are feeling free to sexually harass and blackmail everyone, a lot of platforms have different policies to protect their users. Don't get me wrong, they might ban or block innocent people but they do that automatically so no one checks who receives the ban and for what. I think you should try to contact them somehow if you what that specific account back and be more attentive next time.

#4 MikeBryant

MikeBryant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 October 2023 - 10:24 AM

It's clear from your explanation that you were engaged in what you called "immature gamer banter." While it's important to acknowledge that such language is inappropriate, it also appears that you didn't have any intent to sexually harass or threaten anyone with violence.

#5 MaxNearly

MaxNearly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 October 2023 - 12:03 PM

The context and the specific wording matter in these cases, but gaming platforms often have strict rules when it comes to language and behavior.
When it comes to appeals, explaining your perspective as you did here can be helpful. Sometimes, providing context and demonstrating an understanding of the issue can make a positive impact on the outcome.
In the meantime, if you ever find yourself dealing with difficult online situations, including harassment or bullying, you might want to check out some tips on how to handle them effectively. Resources like https://www.digitalf...s.com/blackmail can offer valuable insights and advice. Staying informed is crucial when navigating these challenges.