No replies to this topic

#1 sidssa

sidssa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 06:11 PM

Hi,
Recently I reset the samsung SmartTv and tried to re-install all the TV apps and re-configure the connection. The TV is connected to the internet via Ethernet Cable and the IP setting indicates the TV is connected and obtained an IP address from the Netgate device.

But when it came to the "terms and privacy" page on the smartTV, the TV failed to connect to the Samsung server, with error message saying " the connection is unstable". It was rather strange to see that, before the reset, everything was working fine. I changed the ethernet cable, try to use wifi connection instead of cable and received the same error message.
Without the registration with the Samsung server, I would not be able to use any of the smartTV features.

I disabled the pfBlockerNG and it did not make any difference.

In the mean time, I got a new Samsung smart TV from the black friday deal and I am seeing the same error message, "the connection is unstable", failed to register with Samsung's server.

I suspected it is pfsence causing this and I only have some very basic firewall rule. I am not sure how i could fix this. I put back my ISP provided router into the network and I was able to completed the 2 smartTV registration and setup. After it was completed, I switched it back to Netgate device. Now the 2 smartTV are working as it should be.

It is a quick and easy fix if you have a similar problem on a new smartTV setup. You do not need to change any configuration on the pfsense.

Generally, once you have setup the smartTV, you would not change any of its configuration. So, it could be just a one time trouble. Do not unplug or plug device from your smartTV after the setup. Your smartTV may not be able to detect the device, hence you would not be able to program the Samsung's universal remote. Especially with Amazon FireTV stick.

The TVs are on the Main LAN and I can see both TV on Samsung's smart thing App. I have main LAN, Camera VLAN, IOT VLAN.

It would be great if there is a solution to fix it through the pfsense configuration instead of switching hardware.

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 DantSaperon

DantSaperon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 08:52 AM

The account owner does not always notice the problem.

#3 UrsaMedasov

UrsaMedasov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 08:54 AM

Changing the hardware is adequate but not the easiest solution. I suggest it if only nothing of the possible solutions works. I've recently had trouble with my tv; it refused to be controlled by intelligent things, and I wouldn't say I liked it. It was uncomfortable to find anything. Moreover, I even had trouble mirroring it with my laptop. Those TVs are a tricky thing to deal with, and they are rarely compatible with other devices. After checking one of the guides on multitechverse, I realized the wrong cable was causing a problem. The guides there may also be helpful for you, though you have other trouble.

#4 gpscart

gpscart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 02:51 AM

If you are experiencing issues setting up your Samsung Smart TV with pfSense, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check your network configuration: Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV and pfSense are both connected to the same network and that your TV is set to use DHCP for IP address assignment.

2. Verify that your pfSense firewall is not blocking traffic: Make sure that the firewall rules on your pfSense router are not blocking traffic to or from your Samsung Smart TV. You may need to create a new firewall rule to allow traffic to flow between your TV and other devices on your network.

3. Check your DNS settings: Verify that your Samsung Smart TV is set to use the correct DNS server addresses. You may need to manually configure the DNS settings on your TV to point to the IP address of your pfSense router or another DNS server.

4. Test connectivity: Try pinging your Samsung Smart TV from another device on your network to verify that it is accessible. If the TV is not responding to pings, it may be a sign that it is not properly connected to your network or that there is a firewall issue.

5. Try restarting your devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your Samsung Smart TV and pfSense router can help resolve connectivity issues.

If none of these steps help to resolve the issue, you may need to consult the documentation for your Samsung Smart TV or contact Samsung support for further assistance

#5 Charliebitson

Charliebitson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:39 AM

Is GoGrades legit? is a common question among those seeking reliable online educational platforms. Rest assured, GoGrades is a legitimate and trusted learning platform, backed by positive user experiences and a commitment to academic excellence. Discover the legitimacy of GoGrades and embark on your educational journey with confidence.

#6 ellajohnson

ellajohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 March 2024 - 07:14 PM

Nail your existing course with the make my essay in town. Cheap academic help from professional essay writers is now easy and fast. 

#7 judelyons

judelyons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 March 2024 - 08:06 PM

Writing a thesis requires a lot of patience; it is not like an assignment in that you just have to cover a few learning outcomes and submit it. thesis writing service in Pakistan is a process of selecting the right topic, methods, and following exact criteria to achieve desired results.