No replies to this topic

#1 MalfStape

MalfStape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone!
I have a question. I've already done a search and couldn't find anything about preferred ways to scan/digitize old magazines or pattern booklets. Would love to hear from those of you that have done this. Mistakes to avoid? In particular, I have some old Workbasket magazines that are already listed on Antique Pattern Library or the Library of Congress, as being available or in the process. So I'm scanning just for my own use, since I was surprised that these sites have only a few pages of the old issues in some cases.

For a small format magazine or pattern booklet, is is better to scan 2 pages together that will fit on an 8.5" x 11" page....or scan them separately? Should I cut the originals down the center fold to make it easier to scan individual pages? I'm planning on skipping the full page ads, I can only take so many ads about constipation, varicose vanes, or bust enhancers! Those of you who have scanned, what did you do with the originals after scanning? Keep them, throw them away, donate them???

Lots of questions, looking forward to hearing from anyone who has done this. Many thanks!

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 samueljeremy

samueljeremy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:14 PM

Regarding your question about scanning, it's really up to personal preference. If you're scanning a small format magazine or pattern booklet, you can scan two pages together that will fit on an 8.5" x 11" page or scan them separately. If you're scanning them separately, it may be easier to keep track of the individual pages and ensure that they're scanned correctly. One option that may interest you is using automatic document scanning and OCR smartengines.com/ software. This software can quickly scan and convert text into searchable digital documents. As for cutting the originals down the center fold, it's best to avoid doing so as it can damage the original and decrease its value.

#3 andremariyo

andremariyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 09:44 AM

Simple Method To Find Target balance of gift cards The balance of your Target Gift Card is * Target GiftCards can be used at any Target store or online at Target.com to purchase various merchandisetarget gift card balance | walmart gift card balance | home depot gift card balance | macy's gift card balance | target.com/check balance | target.com/checkbalance | paypal login | ledger.com/start | venmo login | Walmart gift card balance | amazon.com/redeem | vanilla gift card balance | vanilla gift card balance | vanilla gift card balance | vanilla gift card balance check | vanilla gift card balance | amazon.com/code | ledger.com/start  | dunkin donuts gift card balance | amazon.com/redeem |  Amazon.com/code | amazon.ca/redeem | amazon.co.uk/redeem | target.com/checkbalance | target gift card balance | Sephora gift card balance | target gift card balance | target.com/check balance | eBay Gift Card Balance | Target red card login | itunes gift card balance | ebay gift card balance | fandango gift card balance | best buy gift card balance | Nike gift card balance