As we all know that Magento is shutting off Magento 1 from its list and are only going to focus on the development of Magento 2. So, the only option Magento 1 users have is to migrate to Magento 2. And June 2020 is the deadline for Magento 1. After that no technical support from the Magento team will be provided. Most of the users, foreseeing the future of Magento 2, have already transitioned to Magento 2. But there are still Magento 1 merchants who are confused and don’t know why they should rush into migrating to Magento 2.
First, let’s talk about what happens if you do not migrate to Magento 2,
· Magento is ending support for all Magento 1.X editions.
· It means that no quality or security patches after June 2020.
· Magento 1 will become an outdated platform.
· It will have bugs and critical issues without any reliable solutions.
· With an outdated platform and critical bugs, you could lose PCI compliance.
· No PCI compliance means that you cannot accept payment via credit cards.
· The performance of your store will decay eventually.
· The potential risk of your store getting hacked.
· There will be few developers who still work with Magento 2 with high development charges then Magento2.
The reasons/benefits why you should migrate to Magento 2,
· Varnish system integrated for full page cache
· Ajax shopping cart has been integrated
· Works better with mobile devices
· SEO functions to improve SEO score
· Multifunctional admin dashboard provided
· Easy to install an extension
· Reduced steps and fast checkout process
· Easy to customize
· Low system requirements than Magento 1
And many more. To know all of the benefits of using Magento 2 in-depth, you can read this article on 16 reasons why you should migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. At Mconnect media, we believe in the futuristic platform like Magento 2. To date, we have successfully completed a 36+ Magento migration project, which impressed all of our clients. Other than Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Service, We also offer Magento web development, Magento theme design, Magento extension development, Magento responsive design, PSD to Magento theme, Shopping cart integration, performance optimization service, etc.