Photo

It's better to install fresh 1.6.0.5 or update?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 javier.propescu

javier.propescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Today i updated my shop to latest release of PS engine: 1.6

i wondering about one thing. What you think: it's better to reinstall prestashop (install fresh 1.6 version) or update it from 1.5 ?

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

if you don't care about old orders and old customerts - if i were you i will install fresh version.

if you cate about all of this - upgrade it.

free tutorials, free templates, free addons, prestashop modules MndfRK4.png  lpHMrZ5.png  gtKHYO7.png  google-48.png

#3 winsletewr

winsletewr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my store from 1.4.6.2 to 1.6.0.8. I used the module 1 - click Upgrade, and everything runs smooth until database upgrade, where I get the following error:

Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " Internal Server Error

Please tell me if direct upgrade from 1.4.6.2 to 1.6.0.8 using this module is possible, or tell me some workarounds.

The settings in php.ini for maximum_execution time is modified.

How can I see the mysql error?

-------------

Hire Prestashop Developers

#4 hasan.raza90

hasan.raza90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

As of my experience installing new install are the best bet.

#5 gthseo

gthseo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 11:34 AM

Today I tried to upload Prestashop in my laptop. I am unable to do it because it was my first time. So, I generally trying to find some solutions on internet, then I found this blog. I found this blog very helpful for me. It is better to use the updated version always. You can Learn about Prestashop during your college time also. If you are looking for The Best University in Haryana for Engineering then you can go for Geeta University.