Photo

im on prestashop 1.5.4.1 how to upgrade to 1.6.0.5?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rikardo

rikardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hello

im looking for a nice tutorial about updating my prestashop

im on 1.5.4.1 and i want to upgrade it to latest responsive 1.6.0.5

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hello rikardo

here are tips related to upgrading prestashop store, hope that these points will be helpful for you

1) Create a backup of your store. Yes. it's necessary. You can backup your shop manually, or automatically (only if you hosting control panel has got this feature). So, if you want to backup prestashop manually follow this to backup your database: database backup prestashop, then copy all your files from your prestashop installation to safe localization (your computer for example). Voila - you've got backup :) If you want to backup your prestashop automatically, watch this movie: cpanel full hosting account backup (if you use other hosting control panel - search for other video guides related to your hosting control panel)

2) Create test subdomain on your website like: test.yourdomain.com
3) Use backup that you created before and upload it to your test domain, remember to change credentials in config/settings.inc.php file to point to your "test" domain (and database!) otherwise you will rewrite original shop!
4) Start an update on your test environment!

free tutorials, free templates, free addons, prestashop modules MndfRK4.png  lpHMrZ5.png  gtKHYO7.png  google-48.png

#3 Tom Evans

Tom Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

Or you can always read the changelogs here: Latest Prestashop Versions.

#4 WookiShooper

WookiShooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

when i want to migrate from opencart, which version is the best?

#5 Cart2Cart

Cart2Cart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

I would recommend to try automated migration from PrestaShop 1.5 to 1.6 as an alternative. You should firstly install a new PrestaShop 1.6 store to a separate folder on FTP and then transfer all data from 1.5 to 1.6. This method will help to avoid dipping into a source code and the final result will be accurate. Nonetheless,  passwords won't be migrated, but it seems to be not a problem to recover them.

#6 Guest_kashifkhan12_*

Guest_kashifkhan12_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Here is step by step guide that how to upgrade Prestashop:http://www.newsmedia...15-step-by-step

#7 alexnguyen

alexnguyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

hello Rikardo;

I would like to inttroduce Litextension Prestashop to Prestashop Migration Tool, this is the best solution for you. Please have a look at http://litextension....prestashop.html

Shopping cart migration tool 

#8 aaryanmevada

aaryanmevada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

Very good things for prestashop upgrade.

#9 alexnguyen

alexnguyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

Whether you need a tool to migrate from your old store to Magento, The Happy Halloween Special Offer is a great time to purchase. Enjoy the start of the holiday season with our special discounts.

- FREE Migration Assistant Service

LitExtension offers you a chance to save up to $699 when using our Migration Assistant Service. With the lowest price you got full service from us. Just pay for the tool, you get back the double value.

How do you get this offer?

• Step 1: Buy a cart migration tool at its basic price
  • Step 2: Request assistant service for FREE to let us carry on the migration for you
  • Step 3: Sit back, have a cup of coffee and get the awesome result from us

* We guarantee support 2 times: 1 migration and 1 re-migration for each order

This promotion valid from Oct 24 to Nov 8, 2015.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question. Wish you an excited holiday!

halloween20152.jpg

#10 alexnguyen

alexnguyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Prestashop to Prestashop Migration Tool allows you to migrate Products, Customers, Passwords, Orders, Categories and Other Data within 3 simple steps.

Compatible with
- Source: All Prestashop Versions
- Target: Prestashop 1.6.x

pres2pres.jpg

#11 Josephcep

Josephcep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:03 PM

Suffer with you tried the new praise bar-room product? I'm dependable you can spawn the aright mood with our CBD pen. Made with pure cannabis grease extracted from organically grown hemp, our cbd dispensary
trappings is suitable in compensation anyone who is anxious or needs inform appropriate to impassive down and focus. If swiftly this machinery does not pack in working, then devise help you, the actions that you need to do are described in detail.

#12 Peternob

Peternob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 03:05 AM

Hey fellow lovers! I am excited to share that we have some adorable teacup Yorkie puppies for sale. These tiny furballs are guaranteed to melt your heart with their tiny size and playful personalities. Are you looking for a tiny furry companion, look no further! My teacup Yorkie puppies are the perfect addition to any caring home. They are perfect for people living in small spaces or those who love small breeds. Don't wait and lose out on this wonderful opportunity to own one of these adorable teacup Yorkie puppies. They aren't available for long, so contact us today to secure your new best friend! Don't hesitate to ask us any questions about the puppies, including their age, temperament, and price. Thank you for considering these lovely teacup Yorkie puppies as your new canine friend. I am confident that they will make a great addition to your family, and bring you years of love and companionship! https://newdaypuppie...-sale-in-texas/

#13 RobertNiG

RobertNiG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 06:31 AM

Автомобиль является одним из самых популярных видов транспорта. Это обусловлено комфортом, надежностью и вместительностью. Наш автомобильный форум, предлагает огромное разнообразие тем для общения. Тут можно найти подробную информацию по ремонту и эксплуатации большинства популярных автомобилей. Ретро-автомобили Мото-форум Путешествия и приключения Музыка в автомобиле Правовой форум