5 replies to this topic

#1 KoRn

KoRn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Im on prestashop 1.6.0.6 i use default-bootstrap template and when im on product page and press button to share product on facebook, or when i just try to share link to my product directly on facebook i've got totally wrong product image

how to point facebook correct picture?

looking for the best presta addons with outstanding support? check this: PrestaShop Modules

#2 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

you have to define open graph tags there is no other way to achievie it. You can do it manually (with modification of product controller and product.tpl file) or with module. i attached it to this post.

free tutorials, free templates, free addons, prestashop modules MndfRK4.png  lpHMrZ5.png  gtKHYO7.png  google-48.png

#3 nuib

nuib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hi Vekia, i am using prestashop 1.6.0.6. i am also having this problem. when i share a product on facebook it takes my product's meta name and meta description but can't take product image. Instead of product image it always takes my site logo. you suggested to add open graph tags in our site (with modification of product controller and product.tpl file). Somewhere also you suggested to do this manually by following this link - "  http://blog.dh42.com...age-in-og-tags/   ". if i follow this link, should it be worked for prestashop 1.6.0.6 or something more i have to change for version 1.6.0.6 ? Please help me out. Thanks.

#4 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

hello

unfortunately, it's not as easy as it seems.

code form website that you linked above doesnt work well in 1.6 and also in 1.5 generating some problems, - it's for prestashop 1.4. 

To generate full detailed and working tags it's necessary to modify a lot of things. 

in this case is necessary to define code for each "type" of shop page, like cms pages, manufacturers, product pages, category pages etc.

modification like that needs a lot of customization in the core, so im more than convinced that no one will do that for free. unfortunately.

It will be much easier if you will use addon like http://addons.presta...graph-tags.html (doesnt work with 1.6) or mine http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/facebook-open-graph-tags.html (it works with 1.6)

free tutorials, free templates, free addons, prestashop modules MndfRK4.png  lpHMrZ5.png  gtKHYO7.png  google-48.png

#5 nuib

nuib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

so i want to buy your module. but i have some problems. my country has not support any online payment method, so i do not have any master card or paypal account. so how can buy this module ? can you suggest me what should i do ?

By the way, i am from bangladesh. thanks.

#6 vekia

vekia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10166 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

strange, i've got several customers from Bangladesh.

they have paypal account